Thursday, April 10, 2008

9 Things On A Stick

I am a big huge fan of group editing a document online ala Wikipedia entries. The drawback of course is securing them at least to the extent of preventing vandalism, something the Wiki's and their subsequent progeny have had only limited success in stopping.

I'm a bit confused by the prompt. It asked me to edit the rough draft of the Declaration of Independence. However, I can't edit from the sample page as I did not have permission nor can I upload said web page to Google docs because it is in fact not a doc per se. So I pasted the sample file to a new Word doc, which I assume is what you guys want. I edited that but have not heard back from the email I sent about Zoho.

To answer the question, on all respects Google Docs is the superior app. I love this program and use it constantly for personal use. Server space is not an issue here at my library but this would make for an excellent back up option. And, if the Founding Fathers were here today, they would love it as well. Sure beats sweating it out in Philadelphia with no air conditioning all summer.

No comments: